Accessibility Extensions for Google Chrome
Google Chrome Extensions are applications that run inside the Chrome browser and provide additional functionality. Below is a list of Accessibility Extensions for Google Chrome that students may find useful.
Download the Google Chrome web browser for free.
- Turns any web page into a clean view for reading now or later on your computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Available as an app for the iPhone, iPad and Android
- With one click, Clearly makes articles clean and easy to read.
- Eliminates all distractions from your online reading experience, and even allows you to browse multi-page articles in one, seamless view.
- The Speak It extension enables you to have the text on most webpages read to you.
- Simply highlight the text on the page you are reviewing then right-click to activate Speak It. Then click the play button to have the text read to you.
Read&Write for Google
- Make any Google document accessible.
- Read&Write for Google adds many of the popular support features of Read&Write GOLD to Google Docs documents including: Text To Speech with Dual Synchronized Highlighting, Highlighting, Talking Dictionary, Picture Dictionary, Vocabulary Tool and Study Skills tools to capture Google highlights.
- The Dyslexie font extension allows you to read websites in Dyslexie font.
- The characteristics of the Dyslexie font make it easier for people with dyslexia to distinguish individual letters and clearly see where a sentence starts and ends. This reduces the number of reading errors as well as.
- Make reading easier and faster using BeeLine Reader!
- BeeLine uses a color gradient to guide your eyes from the end of one line to the beginning of the next.
- This seemingly simple tweak makes reading substantially easier and faster because it allows you to transition between lines quickly and effortlessly.
- The ChromeVox extension is a screen reader that enables visually impaired users to experience the power of web applications.
- Simple and powerful navigation that is easy to learn and quickly gets new users up to speed browsing the web.
- High Contrast lets you browse the web with your choice of several high-contrast color filters designed to make it easier to read text.
- The Chrome Daltonize! extension exposes details in images to color blind computer users, allowing them to catch details they may have otherwise missed.
- Provides enhancement for people with Protanopia (red-green), Deuteranopia (red-green), or Tritanopia (blue-yellow).
- The Zoomy extension overrides the default zoom (text and images) for all websites.
- Changes zoom level according to resolution & browser size.
- Default zoom can be set manually or automatic.
- The Keyboard Navigation extension allows you to browse the web without using the mouse.
- Allows you to move the mouse while holding the right mouse button to trigger actions, such as page navigation or tab management.
Metalmouth Voice Browser
- The Metalmouth extension provides navigation by voice commands.
- Includes tab navigation support, navigation by voice commands, web pages read out-loud, intuitive keyboard controls, interaction with page items, dynamic content support, video / audio support and rich off-screen model.
- View definitions easily as you browse the web.
- Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble.
- Includes audio pronunciation.