Digital Text Support
- Bookshare is a web-based library of digital books in accessible formats for people with print disabilities.
- Members download books and read the material using assistive technology. Typically text-to-speech software that reads aloud and/or displays the text of the book on a computer screen, or Braille access devices, such as refreshable Braille displays.
Voice Dream Reader
- Listen to PDF and Word documents, eBooks, articles, and Web pages anywhere with offline text-to-speech.
- Built-in integration with Dropbox, Bookshare, Pocket, Instapaper, and Gutenberg makes it easy to import read material.
- Sophisticated controls, synchronized word highlighting and autoscrolling.
- ClaroPDF is an accessible, reading and study PDF tool for all
- Annotate, mark up and save PDF files which are then still fully compatible with Adobe Reader and other popular PDF apps.
- Have accessible text PDF files read back to you with a human quality voice and synchronized highlighting.
- Read2Go is the most accessible DAISY ebook reader for iOS.
- From within Read2Go, you can browse, search, download, and read books directly from Bookshare using your Bookshare membership
- The app gives you full control over visual choices for font size and color, background and highlighting color, and text-to-speech preferences.
Text Grabber + Translator
- For turning paper hard copy into readable PDF
- iPhone app that uses the phone's camera to turn text on paper into text that can then be read aloud on the iPhone.
- OCR is good enough for text-to-speech
- TurboScan allows you to use your iPhone to quickly scan your documents and store or email them as multipage PDF or JPEG files.
- Some features include: Automatic document edge detection and perspective correction, Ultra-fast processing, SureScan mode for very sharp scans, Multipage editing (reorder, delete and add pages) and more!
- Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
- Any file you save to Dropbox also instantly saves to your computers, phones, and the Dropbox website.