Accessibility Extensions for Firefox
Firefox Extensions are applications that run inside the Firefox browser and provide additional functionality. Below is a list of Accessibility Extensions for Firefox that are helpful for those who may have specific needs in how web content is presented to them and how they interact with it.
Download the Firefox web browser for free.
- Sharp, colorful, and easy to see, large (48x48 pixel) and extra large (64x64 pixel) Firefox toolbar buttons.
- Useful for those with visual impairments or cognitive disabilites.
Page Zoom Buttons
- Provides quick and easy control of Firefox's full page zoom feature.
- Toolbar buttons are provided to zoom in, zoom out, and reset a web page back to its default view instantly.
- Removes all of the extra page elements and noise on a web page allowing you to focus on the article, post, etc that you wish to read without being distracted by things that do not pertain to the main content.
- presents the cleaned up page in a customizable, simple, and easy to read format.
- The Noise Firefox add-on can play sounds for more than 20 browser events such as when opening a new tab or when a popup has been blocked.
- Specify a different sound of your choosing for each action and create your own sound events.
- Wired-Marker is a permanent (indelible) highlighter that you use on Web pages.
- The highlighter, which comes in various colors and styles, is a kind of electronic bookmark that serves as a guide when you revisit a Web page.
Theme Font & Size Changer
- Allows you to change the global font (using your sytem's fonts) and font size for Firefox itself meaning for all windows, menus, toolbars, etc.
- Createdd to be an accessibility aid for persons with visual impairments and for those without a perfect visual acuity.
- Customize the way that you view images in Firefox.
- Options include multiple zooming methods, image centering, and setting the background color that an image is viewed against.