- Converts any written text such as MS Word, Webpage, PDF files, and Emails into spoken words
- Change reading voices and speed
- Easy to use, one-click technology
Text Grabber + Translator
- For turning paper hard copy into readable PDF
- iPhone app that uses the phone's camera to turn text on paper into text that can then be read aloud on the iPhone.
- OCR is good enough for text-to-speech
Voice Dream Reader
- Listen to PDF and Word documents, eBooks, articles, and Web pages anywhere with offline text-to-speech.
- Built-in integration with Dropbox, Bookshare, Pocket, Instapaper, and Gutenberg makes it easy to import read material.
- Sophisticated controls, synchronized word highlighting and autoscrolling.
- iReadWrite makes reading easier and ensures accurate writing as you use your iPad for school, work, or leisure.
- Support features include: Text-to-speech, Word Prediction, Phonetic Spell Checker, Homophone and Confusables Checker, Dictionary, Picture Dictionary, Customizable Background and Text Colors, Choice of Voices and Fonts, Importing and Sharing documents
- Text-To-Speech (TTS) Program
- The on-screen text can be saved as a WAV, MP3, MP4, OGG or WMA file.
- Reads the clipboard content and views the text from CHM, DjVu, DOC, EPUB, FB2, HTML, ODT, PDF and RTF files.
- Turns any web page into a clean view for reading now or later on your computer, smartphone, or tablet
- Available as an app for the iPhone, iPad and Android
- VoiceOver is a built-in screen reader available on Mac computers, iPhone and iPad.
- Allows the device to read out loud icons, menus and Web articles making it easier for the blind and those with low-vision to use a computer.
- Read2Go is the most accessible DAISY ebook reader for iOS.
- From within Read2Go, you can browse, search, download, and read books directly from Bookshare using your Bookshare membership
- The app gives you full control over visual choices for font size and color, background and highlighting color, and text-to-speech preferences.
- WordTalk is a high quality free add-in that provides convenient, versatile and customizable text-to-speech for any document written or opened in Microsoft Word.
- WordTalk Add-in for Word
- Digital note taking tool for the iPad
- Combine documents, web content, audio, typed text as well as hand written notes into a single document that you can easily organize and share with anyone
- Leverage Dragon voice recognition to capture your ideas and notes simply by speaking
Shahi Visual Dictionary
- Visual dictionary that combines Flickr, Google and Yahoo images with Wictionary content.
- Terms within definitions are hyperlinked.
- View definitions easily as you browse the web.
- Double-click any word to view its definition in a small pop-up bubble.
- Includes audio pronunciation.
- Bookshare is a web-based library of digital books in accessible formats for people with print disabilities.
- Members download books and read the material using assistive technology. Typically text-to-speech software that reads aloud and/or displays the text of the book on a computer screen, or Braille access devices, such as refreshable Braille displays.